Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Movies and More Movies

If three movies in three days is profligacy, we're guilty, but at least it isn't every week. It isn't a great or important film but I enjoyed The Darjeeling Limited a lot. To me it was very funny. A comedy adventure filmed in India, its tongue in cheek wackiness suited me just fine and appealed to others in my group as well. That was Tuesday. Wednesday night we were dragged through the sewer of social perversity in Gone Baby Gone. It had an excessively complicated plot with characters dredged up from the dregs. The acting will likely be praised but I was glad when it was over. Thursday we saw the an ambitious period film, Elizabeth: The Golden Age. And, as usual, I didn't always know what was going on. I guess you know I'm no renaissance man. But , nevertheless, I found it engaging. There was something for everyone in this film and especially if you enjoy extravagant costumes and sets, this film's for you. Did they have sparklers in the 16th century? In this film they did.

No comments: