Friday, December 19, 2008

Two Movies - VALKYRIE and SEVEN POUNDS

This week we attended the pre-screening of two movies. The first one, Valkyrie, is based on the true story about an assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler. I felt it was quite engaging with plenty of suspense. Anyone who didn't know the attempt failed would probably find it more gripping. Tom Cruise did a good job and the supporting actors were even better. I recommend this film to anyone but I doubt it will be in contention for the best of the year.
The next night we went to Seven Pounds staring Will Smith. I enjoyed this movie and recommend it even though the plot is implausible and many of the situations were unrealistic. I was quite confused as the story went along but still found it interesting. It seemed to get favorable reaction from many other moviegoers. I can't imagine this film receiving many favorable reviews.

No comments: