Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two Good Movies

Last night at Muvico we viewed "The Informant" starring Matt Damon. It is the story about a whistle-blowing executive in ADM and its price-fixing. The reviews are mixed but I recommend it based on the casting and direction. It was nearly flawless.

Also last night we saw Michael Moore's new movie, "Capitalism: A Love Story."
I strongly recommend it. It contained a lot of both vintage and recent video. I always enjoy that. It was long but I stayed fully engaged and emotionally involved. I was surprised at how current it was -- just like the news of the day. Micheal Moore can really get across his message -- celebrating democracy and bemoaning the control by moneyed interests.

Monday night we attended an excellent lecture by Deborah Pollack, author of Laura Woodward: The Artist Behind the Innovator Who Developed Palm Beach. It was the first in this season's Historical Society of Palm Beach lecture series.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was at that Laura Woodward lecture, too! I also thought it was excellent and I bought the book, Laura Woodward: The Artist Behind the Innovator Who Developed Palm Beach, at Deborah Pollack's book signing. It is terrific.