Friday, November 13, 2009

Two Movies - Pirate Radio & This Is It

Last night at Muvico we attended a prescreening of Pirate Radio, a period comedy about an illegal radio station in the North Sea in the 1960's. I've seen worse but usually only by accident. I expected something more of a documentary nature including more of the political history. I was put off by the crude language and too-frequent sexual situations. The unsophisticated feeble comedy was a turn-off too. For some, the redeeming quality will be the rock and roll music. No doubt, some would rate it highly. I found it only mildly entertaining.
Following Pirate Radio, we saw about the last half of This Is It. I was never a fan of Michael Jackson nor did I have anything but minimal interest in his career. But I must say I was favorably impressed by what I saw of this movie and would like to see it all.

No comments: