Friday, February 5, 2010

Sciatica Surprise

Tuesday morning after I had been sitting at the computer for about an hour I tried to stand and found I was crippled with intense pain in my right hip. I hobbled into the living room and lay on the floor trying to stop the pain which was as intense as any kidney stone attack in my memory from years ago. Luckily I got an appointment that afternoon with my orthopedist. The pain pills he prescribed proved to be too weak so the next day Jane picked up some stronger ones that helped a little but made me dizzy and sleepy. It's now Friday and the pain has moved down to my knee and lower leg. After physical therapy this morning I'm feeling not much better but optimistic that I'll be back to normal in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The first step toward relieving sciatica pain is a proper diagnosis as to the cause!