Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wizards, Wands, Elves, And Magic

It may be my cognitive impairment, but the plot or storyline, if it had one, was lost on me. That didn't matter much though as Jane and I, this morning, viewed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. It is engaging cinema because of the wonderful sets, characters and unrealistic, imaginative fantasy. I found it compelling on several levels. The charming life-like, digital elves were my favorite characters. The fast moving action and quick cuts left little time to savor the detailed sets and many varied landscapes.
We thought it might be too violent and scary for young children, but perhaps today's children are more sophisticated at a tender age than I was. I recommend this movie for nearly everyone. My only complaint is, as always, the overly loud sound.
Of the wands, elves, wizards and magic ... I'll have one wand, if you please.

No comments: