Friday, October 12, 2012

Two Movies and a Play

Jane and I both highly rate Argo which we viewed Tuesday night prior to it's release. This film is a long-secret, but true story relating to the Iranian hostage crisis we remember from the early 1980's. It relates with gripping and thrilling authenticity the escape and recovery of six Americans trapped in the home of the Canadian Ambassador. This masterfully crafted movie will keep you in suspense for 120 minutes. My only complaint (I'm a hopeless prude.) is the gritty un genteel language. I didn't grow up with it and don't have friends who use it. By all means see this movie. You will applaud at the end.

Wednesday night we ushered at the Brown Theater for a preview of Palm Beach Dramaworks production of Lanford Wilson's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, Talley's Folly. It has an amazing cast of only two and who do a wonderful job. It runs through November 11. I recommend it.

Many will highly rate the clever concept of Seven Psychopaths but humorous violence just isn't my cup of tea. That and, as usual, the coarse language offends this prude. Jane and I viewed it last night at Regal Theater. We were so relieved when it finally ended. I was hoping for something more like the Martin McDonagh's  In Bruges.

No comments: