Saturday, April 5, 2014

More Movie Comments

Wednesday, we finally got around to hosting our sickness-delayed Saint Patrick's Day dinner. We enjoyed our guests, the Fishers and the Dowdys. Yesterday at The Society of the Four Arts, we viewed The Way, a movie with unrealized potential about walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain. Both Jane and I had hoped for more. I found it contrived and without sympathetic characters  or a compelling story. Tuesday afternoon at The Kravis we attended the Ella Fitzgerald Tribute with the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra featuring vocalist Delores King Williams. It was very well done but not thrilling for me. Later that evening we viewed the film, The Grand Budapest Hotel. It was well reviewed and I liked it. It’s a campy farce I would recommend but don’t worry if you miss it.

No comments: